"Providing quality assistance and services to adults, children, and families with special needs to enable prosperity in their lives."
Mountain Area Community Services, Inc. (MACS) provides a full continuum of services for children, adolescents and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Western North Carolina. Since 2004, the company has emphasized care and service for all its clients.
From their three regional offices in Marion, Brevard and Arden, MACS promotes core values that direct everyone’s work, from the founders to the staff and even the volunteers. These core values distinguish Mountain Area Community Services, Inc. as the service provider of choice for people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
Our Core Values
- Shared control: everyone - the client, the family, caregivers and service providers - participates in decisions
- Providing choices: giving our clients options instead of orders
- Dignity and respect: for all individuals, all the time
- Encouraging self-worth: Through freedom from discrimination for all our clients, revealing the inherent value in all human beings
- Promoting independence: enabling self-reliance and self-actualization
- Quality assurance: practicing continuous quality improvement
- Expressed equality: freedom from discrimination for all our clients
Please call or email any regional office for more information. Ask us how we can serve you better or improve our service to you and your family.