Mountain Area Community Services, Inc. (MACS) serves adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. MACS was founded on the principle that all people deserve respect, dignity and the right to self-determination. So regardless of their level of abilities, our service recipients play a crucial role in deciding their futures.
Our mission is to provide quality assistance and service to adults, children and families with special needs to enable fulfillment in their lives. The ultimate goal of our leaders and team members is for all service recipients to reach their maximum potential and live and function as independently as possible in the least restrictive environment appropriate to their needs.
Practicing What We Preach
President Ric Luther and vice-president Rick Zehr came from the front lines of service work to form MACS in 2004. They brought with them their ideals and a commitment to stay loyal to those values. With their team of nearly 150 employees, the MACS leadership believes in what they do, and they can point to the results their clients have achieved as proof they are on the right track.
“We didn’t come at this strictly from a business aspect. We love to work with our clients and are so proud that we have been successful at it. I honestly believe we do this better than anyone else.” –Ric Luther
The business of helping people is not complicated, an ideal that’s communicated in the MACS logo. It’s simply about meeting basic, universal human needs. To that end, MACS embraces a set of core values:
- Serve individuals and their unique needs and goals
- Empower individuals to acquire the skills needed to reach their potential
- Support clients with training and personnel to meet their needs
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Uphold every individual’s right to privacy
- Provide person-centered delivery of services
We deliver all our services with the fundamental values of:
MACS adheres to the highest standards of professionalism and continues to train its team to meet the needs of the clients and the community. MACS is:
- Accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International
- Meets and exceeds state and local regulations
- Follows standards set by the NC Department of Health and Human Services
- Endorsed by the Smoky Mountain Center, Managed Care Organization
Learn more about MACS and the many services provided by the company by calling one of three regional offices in Arden, Marion or Brevard.